Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Ultimate Summer Camp

...And the best part is, you don't even have to leave your own backyard!

Yes, everyone, it's finally here, the long-awaited "Camp NaNoWriMo." What is Camp NaNoWriMo? It's a version of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month - www.nanowrimo.org, if you're not already familiar with it, although if you've been reading my blog you should be.) that you can do in the summer months. It's definitely helpful if you're like me, and can novel your heart out during November but can't get more than 10,000 words a month during the rest of the year. I'm not yet sure whether I'll participate in the July or August session, but I AM going to give this a try.

More Reasons You Should Do Camp NaNoWriMo

1. It is created by the folks at the Offices of Letters and Light, and therefore is made of awesome
2. It's the perfect solution to the I-want-to-write-a-novel-in-November-but-stuff-keeps-getting-in-the-way problem.
3. It's the perfect solution to the I-want-to-participate-in-NaNoWriMo-more-than-once-a-year problem.
4. You'll be doing something productive with your summer and will feel better about yourself.
5. It is going to be FUN.

This list should have made you as excited about this as I am, so I'll give you the link. http://www.campnanowrimo.org/

Off to find the deep-woods bug repellent and marshmallows,
~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment