Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Reading Room (36)


The Reading Room is a weekly update on books I'm reading and planning to read, and was inspired by On MyShelf at the blog All By Myshelf.

So on Friday I got up at the revoltingly early hour of quarter to six in the morning in order to drive two and a half hours for a college open house that started at nine thirty. But it ended up being worth it in the end, not just because I enjoyed the visit, but because we stopped in the town's bookstore before driving home, and I picked up three new books.

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green was on display on the front counter, and I grabbed it without hesitation. I finished it yesterday, and it was absolutely fantastic, which I suppose is a given, considering that it's John Green. I also grabbed City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, the first book in the Mortal Instruments series; I loved The Infernal Devices and have been wanting to start this series for awhile now, especially with the movie coming out in August, but I have not been able to find a copy of the first book at any library anywhere for months. So when I saw it, I couldn't pass it up.

And finally, I bought Sarah Dessen's newest book, The Moon and More - another obvious purchase. One of my friends introduced me to Sarah Dessen several years ago by recommending Just Listen and Lock and Key, both of which I loved. I now own most of her books and have read all of them - except the new one, which I've been dying to get my hands on. I can't wait to start reading it. Sarah Dessen's novels are always perfect summer reads.

~blackandwhitedreamer


No comments:

Post a Comment