Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Reading Room (29)


The Reading Room is a weekly update on books I'm reading and planning to read, posted on Tuesdays, and was inspired by the feature On Myshelf at the blog All By Myshelf.

Despite all the business of this weekend, I managed to read over 2/3 of The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater on Sunday, and finished it Monday night after reading it any chance I had at school. It was fantastic. There will definitely be a review coming soon.

So, since I'd finished Forever and The Raven Boys, a trip to the library for more reading material was clearly in order. I browsed around for awhile, but the first book that really caught my eye was The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate, by Jacqueline Kelly - probably because of the lovely yellow cover and the fact that the name Calpurnia brings up fond memories of To Kill A Mockingbird. Either way, I was interested, so after a brief glance at the inside jacket flap, I got it.

The second book was Coyote Road, edited by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling. I've been wanting to read it since last year, and when I went to the library today, I was in the mood for some fantasy and some short stories, so I finally got it. I can't wait to start reading it - it looks great, and is another book to add to my Short Stories Challenge reading list.

~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment