Thursday, March 10, 2011

More on Script Frenzy

As you probably know from my last post, I've been trying to decide whether I'm going to participate in Script Frenzy this year. I'm still not entirely sure, but here's an update on my decision making process.

1. I want to do Script Frenzy. I enjoy writing scripts, and because I managed to write more than 100 pages last year with time to spare, I don't think I would find it too stressful.

2. I don't have any idea what I want to write. My original idea was a murder-mystery script set in the fifties. I still like the idea, but I really don't have much to go on for the plot. I have some other ideas hanging around in the back of my head, but most of them are the ones I rejected last year, and the others are too short to get me to 100 pages. (I considered taking some of the ones I could see maxing out at 20 pages tops and writing a collection of short films. I may still do that, but again, I'm not sure I have enough material.) A part of me is extremely worried and a part of me is not. I went through a similar thing last year, and the idea I ended up writing - and loving to pieces - just hit me one day. I've found that my scriptwriting process is different than my novel-writing process, which means I'm able to fly a little more by the seat of my pants.

3. I still have some other projects to finish up. (My 2010 NaNoWriMo novel comes to mind. The amount of writing I've done since NaNoWriMo is pathetic. Somehow, between December 1 and now I've only managed to write about 25,000 words on it. The sad thing is, I'm so close to the ending, but the closing is screwing me up. Oh, how I hate having to end a novel. I'm never sure what an acceptable amount of loose ends to leave is if you're not planning on writing a sequel.) Anyway, I'm going to have to write my butt off between now and April 1.

So...yeah. I do *want* to do Script Frenzy...there's still the issue of it not really being *practical* - but we'll see.

Off to finish some novels, come up with some ideas for scripts, and try to keep up on homework...
~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment