Friday, April 20, 2012

Music Update (2)


I still haven't thought of a name for my new music-related feature, an update on what I've been listening to for the past week. If you have any ideas or suggestions, leave a comment letting me know! I'm happy to have suggestions.

Although I've downloaded several songs since my last post, I've been predominantly listening to Mr. Brightside by The Killers off their album Hot Fuss. One of my friends listens to The Killers and has been recommending them to me for well over a year now, but I'll admit I was a little apprehensive about checking them out. Because, let's face it, when a band's name is The Killers, it's hard not to jump to conclusions about heavy metal rock and distorted guitars.

If I ever need an example to teach my children or grandchildren about why it's a bad idea to jump to conclusions, it will be this. I was completely wrong about The Killers. I discovered this when their song Human came up on my Pandora radio shuffle. I liked the song but didn't check out any of their other songs until this week, when I went to Pandora once again for background music while I did my homework. Mr. Brightside came up, and it was such an awesome song it made me completely forget my Geometry worksheet. I downloaded it from iTunes that night and have been abusing the repeat button ever since.

Here's the video if you want to listen for yourself. But be warned - it's every bit as addictive as Disloyal of the Water Buffaloes by Fall Out Boy.



While you're on YouTube, I have a couple of fun parodies for you to check out, all by WinterSpringPro. The "I Wanna Go" Hunger Games parody is probably the best, but "Slytherin Night" is pretty hilarious too, and I find their parody of "Pumped Up Kicks" hysterical for two reasons: I like Foster The People but dislike that song, and everything in their parody is so true. Plus, a lot of their parodies are available on iTunes.

~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment