Friday, April 6, 2012

New Music-Related Feature


First of all, I want to apologize for the fact that lately my posts haven't been as regular or on-schedule as they should be. I had a terrible sinus infection and then got completely swamped with homework the next week, but things have calmed down now and we have a six-day vacation, so everything should be back to normal.

I'm also adding a new feature to the blog! I'm not sure if I mentioned the idea when I introduced Inspire and Song Wars, but it's similar to The Reading Room, but for music, and will be posted on Fridays. Instead of discussing books I'm reading or have acquired, it's talking about what songs I've been listening too lately. As you can tell by the fact that the image above doesn't have any words, I haven't thought of a name for the feature, so if you have any suggestions, let me know.

Other than The Hunger Game soundtrack (which is fantastic by the way - and so was the movie), the song I've been obsessed with the past week or two is Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes by Fall Out Boy. I know it sounds like a weird title - okay, it is a weird title which has nothing to do with the lyrics, and it's kind of an odd song, but it's meant to be. A friend of mine posted a quote from it on Facebook, so I headed to YouTube to check it out, and once I heard it, I couldn't stop listening. I love the lyrics, especially the chorus and the line "What a match, I'm half-doomed and you're semisweet."

Here's one of the lyrics videos from YouTube, if you haven't heard the song and want to check it out. I highly recommend it.



The other day I also took a look the album My Head Is an Animal by Of Monsters and Men, which was just released on April 3rd. Of Monsters and Men is an alternative/rock band from Iceland (Iceland is apparently a great place for alternative music), and the album definitely sounds interesting, though I haven't listened to the songs enough to know if I want to download any.

Let me know what you think of this new feature, and if you have any suggestions for a name for it!
~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment