Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Reading Room (15)



The Reading Room is a weekly update on books I'm reading and planning to read. It was inspired by the feature On Myshelf at the blog All By Myshelf.

My reading list has grown pretty significantly over the past week; first off, one of my friends let me borrow her copy of Fever, the second book in the Chemical Garden series by Lauren DeStefano. If you were reading my blog back in December, you may remember my internal conflict over Wither, the first book in the series - I told myself I wasn't going to read it because dystopian novels are becoming such a trend, but couldn't resist when I saw it at the school library. So I checked it out and read it, and have been glad that I did ever since. It was a great book, and I can't wait to start the second one. Hopefully it'll be just as amazing.                      


Then my grandmother - who is one of the most awesome people I know - gave me a card for Easter that contained a $25 gift card to Barnes&Noble. I didn't waste any time downloading three new books to my Nook. The first was The Girl Who Was On Fire: Your Favorite Authors on Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games Trilogy. I came across this one quite awhile ago, and although I'd never read any books about other books before, I decided to take a look. The free sample was really interesting, and I can't wait to read the rest of the book.

The second book was The Thief, by Meghan Whalen Turner. Not only had I looked at it online awhile ago and thought the plot sounded very unique and intriguing, but it's also on the list of books at the library for Reading Competition, and there's still time to squeeze in another book or two before our competition on the 19th.

Finally, I bought The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht. Like The Girl Who Was On Fire, I'd downloaded the free sample of it shortly after I got my Nook, and after reading it added it to my list of books to buy. It's slightly outside of my usual genre, but I liked what I read in the sample and it's gotten good reviews, so I have a good feeling. I'll be sure to post what I thought once I've finished it.

So that's my reading list for this week. In other news, I'm planning on posting a review of Firebirds Soaring and another book-related post in the next few days.

~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment