Monday, December 3, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. A new topic is posted each week, and bloggers post their top ten in the category.

Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing Me

10. Maximum Ride Manga, Volume 1
By James Patterson

I read The Angel Experiment over the summer and I really liked it, and I really want to read the manga versions of this series - I think it's a story that would translate extremely well to this format. I've wanted to read them for awhile, so hopefully I'll have a chance to get my hands on the first one this Christmas.

9. The Lord of the Rings
By J.R.R. Tolkien

I am as obsessed with J.R.R. Tolkien and Middle Earth as I am with Sherlock Holmes, if you can imagine that. My dad and I have been sharing his old beat-up copy of the books for awhile now, and while I love that version for the memories, I also stumbled across a really amazing set in a bookstore a month or so ago that I definitely would not mind owning. 

8. Code Name Verity
By Elizabeth Wein

This book was recommended for people who loved The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, which is one of my favorite books of all time. It looks fantastic, and I'd really like to own it - and give it a happy home next to The Book Thief on my shelf. 

7. Anna Karenina
By Leo Tolstoy

I've wanted to read this book since it was mentioned at the summer writing program I attended over the summer, and seeing the trailers for the movie only makes me want to read it even more. It looks like such a huge, epic, fantastic story. (I find the fact that the movie is rated R extremely irksome, as I am still under 18 and do NOT want to go see this movie with my parents.)

6. Tiger's Quest
By Colleen Houck

I got the first book, Tiger's Curse, for Christmas last year, and although I liked it, never got around to finishing the series. I'd really like to read this book, and it's also one I'd like to own - these books are just so beautiful, and this one has my favorite cover art out of the whole series. 

5. Uncommon Criminals
By Ally Carter

Ally Carter's Heist Society books are already among my favorites, even though I've only read the first one. I need to know what Kat and the rest of the gang get up too next. Heist Society was so amazing. I need more. 

4. House of Shadows
By Rachel Neumeier

I've seen this book on several blogs and it's gotten really good reviews, and I've wanted to read it ever since the first time I saw it. I haven't seen it at the school or public library or any of the libraries nearby, so it looks like if I want to read this book I'm going to have to make a request of Santa Claus to drop it off under my tree.

3. Nicholas St. North and the Battle of the Nightmare King
By William Joyce

I saw Rise of the Guardians over the weekend, and It. Was. Epic. I never thought I could be so amazed and blown away by an animated movie about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, the Sandman, and Jack Frost. But - I was. I've wanted to read these books since I saw the movie trailer, and I want to read them even more now. Hopefully the rule of the book is always better than the movie holds true here and I'll be equally wowed by the novels. (Never mind the fact that I'm far too old for them.)

2. Endure
By Carrie Jones

The conclusion to the Need series holds a well-deserved spot near the top of my wish list. The third book in the series set up for so much excitement and action to occur in the third book, and I absolutely cannot wait to find out how it all ends. 

1. The Crimson Crown
By Cinda Williams Chima

And the only thing that could beat out Endure for the number one spot, The Crimson Crown. The fourth book in the seven realms series can't arrive at my house soon enough. I saw it the other day in a bookstore and almost died from excitement. Unfortunately, my money had to go towards my Christmas shopping for friends and family, so I'm relying on Santa for this one. Still, I'm not sure I'll be able to stand the wait until Christmas. 

~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment