Sunday, November 27, 2011

Oh, that crashing sound? Don't worry, that was just my fourth wall...

The end of NaNoWriMo is fast approaching - there's only a few days left until that magical 30th day of the month and the 50,000 word finish line. Although I'm not quite at that point yet, I'm pretty confidant I'm going to make it, and I'm happy with my novel and definitely eager to keep working on it into December. Overall, I would say this NaNoWriMo has been a success. Except for one tiny little thing...

I think I may have broken the fourth wall more times this year than last year.

Some of you may remember my novel from last year. Names like Katarina and Benjamin might sound familiar. And if you read my blog last November, you know my novel's plot: three characters, who are aware that they're characters, go on a quest to have 50,000 words worth of adventure in one month. They're confronted with obstacles such as evil wizards and the Inner Editor (I.E.) and aided by the muses Eleanor and Ferdinand. There are scenes showing both the characters on their quest and their author documenting it. The characters are aware that they have an author, and that author (me) is referred to multiple times. Basically, the entire point of this parody/humor novel was to break the fourth wall.

The problem is obvious, right?

Off to try and keep the fourth wall from disintegrating completely,
~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment