Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Reading Room (2)




Yes, I've finally come up with a name for my weekly reading updates! Incase you haven't read my earlier post, my new feature The Reading Room is an update on the books I'm currently reading and planning to read, and is inspired by Ren's On Myshelf at All By Myshelf.

So, this week: we're still reading To Kill a Mockingbird for English class, and I'm still loving it. As I mentioned earlier, I'd already read the book and its one of my favorites ever, and I love analyzing and discussing it. Today in class we each shared a favorite quote from anywhere in the book and discussed why it was significant to the story. It was definitely one of the most interesting things we've done - right up there with comparing and constrasting Atticus Finch and Bob Ewell and rewriting the trial from another point of view.

Otherwise, the list of books I'm planning to read keeps growing. A girl in my class let me borrow Fallen by Lauren Kate after I saw her constantly reading it in class and asked her if it was any good. Unfortunately, because it's at the bottom of my to-read list and I've been so busy, it's still sitting in my locker. Hopefully I'll be able to bring it home and read it this weekend. I'm not entirely sure what it's about, to be honest - but I'm more than willing to give it a try.

And here's another exciting book-related piece of news: the fourth book in the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini is finally here. Appropriately titled Inheritance, it's the last book in the series, and I'm definitely excited that its finally out. Sadly, I have a feeling that this book's going to end up being my Christmas present, so I won't be reading it for awhile unless I can convince my dad that it will work better if we just both order it and read it now instead of worrying about who's buying it for who for Christmas. (We came very close to both buying Brisingr for each other two years ago. True story.)

Well, that's all for now. I'll be back next week with another update!

Off to do some reading,
~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment