Saturday, December 31, 2011

Secret Bookish Project

Happy New Year, everyone! Hope everyone has some exciting plans for tonight. Me, I'm just sitting at home, refining my Big Fun Scary List, possibly making some popcorn, and waiting for 11 o'clock to roll around so I can watch the Coldplay special on PBS. Exciting, right?

One thing that IS exciting is that tonight, I'm finally revealing my Secret Bookish Project. So what is this special-edition-New Year's-post that I've been hinting at for over a week now?

It's titled, "2011: A Year in Books." This year has been a great one for reading. Several of my favorite series have continued, and a few have even come to a close. Having access to the school library has provided me with a ton of books I wouldn't have read otherwise, and the public library has also added some really amazing stuff to their shelves. I've also been able to visit some really cool bookstores and been given awesome books for my birthday and Christmas.

So, in honor of that, I'm dedicating a post to the best of the books that I've discovered and read this year. Think of it as a sort of Grammy awards for books. I'll be posting the best book I've read in a variety of genres, along with a brief list of other books I've read in the same genre, so you can see what I had to compare it to. In addition, there will be a few other special categories that will be revealed in the post itself.

Here's a sneak peak at some of the genres that will be featured:

Classics - Dystopian/Post Apocalyptic - Fantasy - Historical Fiction - Short Stories - Science Fiction

The post itself should appear on the blog sometime later this evening. Until then,

~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment