Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Reading Room (12)


The Reading Room is a weekly update on books I'm reading and planning to read. It was inspired by the feature On Myshelf at the blog All By Myshelf.

Still working through my list of books from last week. I read Eight Keys in one sitting on Friday and spent the rest of the weekend devouring Eona, which was so fantastic I was halfway through it by Sunday night and had my nose buried in the book all throughout school on Monday, relying on others to warn me of obstacles such as stairs and other people. I finished it last night, and without a doubt it is one of the most amazing books I've ever read. If you haven't read Eon and Eona yet, you need to find copies ASAP.

Now I'm working on The Iron King, which I mentioned two weeks ago but haven't gotten to until now - Eona was commanding all of my attention. I've only read the first chapter and I'm not quite sucked in yet, but I trust the opinions of everyone who recommended it to me, so I'm guessing it'll become more interesting soon. Once that's returned to the school library, I'll move onto A Tale of Two Castles by Gail Carson Levine.

I do have something new to add to my reading list, however. My mom went down to the public library on Saturday and I tagged along to return Eight Keys and help her navigate the nonfiction section to look for Eat, Pray, Love. I said I wasn't going to get a book myself - after all, I still had three at home, two of which I was in the middle of reading. But something that I'd seen last time I was there caught my eye again, and I found myself coming home with a copy of La's Orchestra Saves the World by Alexander McCall Smith.

I couldn't resist. It looked really good. I loved the concept in the jacket description, and I really wanted to read it. It was also one of the few times I'd ventured out of the young adult section and into the adult fiction. I have no problem reading adult books, but I find the shelves that hold them a bit more daunting and difficult to navigate. It's harder to find books that I really want to read, which is why I usually avoid it. This book, however, just jumped out at me. Hopefully it won't disappoint.

~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment