Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Reading Room (30)


The Reading Room is a weekly update on books I'm reading and planning to read, and is posted on Tuesdays. It was inspired by the feature On Myshelf at the blog All By Myshelf.

Thanksgiving break is within sight, meaning that even though I will have to devote several chunks of time to cooking and eating, and an even larger chunk of time to getting caught up on my novel for NaNoWriMo, I'll still have plenty of time to read. (We have six full days before we have to go back to school; benefit #1 of living in a small rural town is days off for hunting season.) In anticipation of this, I stopped in the school library today and picked up two new books.

The first I grabbed was The Gray Wolf Throne by Cinda Williams Chima, the third book in her Seven Realms Series. I absolutely love these books and can't get enough of them. I'm super-excited to read this one, and even more excited to get my hands on the fourth book, The Crimson Crown, which was recently released.

I also checked out Seraphina by Rachel Hartman. I've seen it on a few blogs and Barnes & Noble and heard some good reviews about it, and plus it just looks good, so when I saw it on the shelf I snapped it up. I'm the first to check it out, apparently. I can't wait to start it.

For the past week or so, I've been working my way through a stack of books I got from the public library, including The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead and Pegasus by Robin McKinley, as well as Nightwatch by Sergei Lukyanenko, which was lent to me by a friend. I'll have a lot of reading to do over the break, and I am thrilled about it.

~blackandwhitdreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment