Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. A new topic is posted each week, and bloggers post their top ten in the category.

Top Ten Most Anticipated Books for 2013

10. Thousand Words
By Jennifer Brown
May 21, 2013

I read Hate List a year or so ago, and I absolutely loved it. It was intense, emotional, and well-written, with fantastic character development. Thousand Words looks equally awesome - it seemed interesting but not too out of the ordinary when I first started reading the description, but the end of the synopsis really made me want to read more. I've seen similar things happen on a much smaller scale, and the idea of how different people would respond sounds really intriguing. I can't wait to read this. 

9. Dr. Bird's Advice for Sad Poets
By Evan Roskos
March 5, 2013

This book looks phenomenal. Just the summary is thought-provoking and emotional. And hey, any book that has "Advice For Sad Poets" in the title is one that I pretty much have to read. It's been awhile since I've read a book with a tone similar to how this one sounds, so I'm eager for this to be released. 

8. Out of the Easy
By Ruta Sepetys
February 12, 2013

I loved Between Shades of Gray, also by Ruta Sepetys, and so I'm definitely willing to read more by this incredible author. Everything about this book just draws me in; the title, the synopsis, the setting, even the cover art. I really want to read this book.



7. Shades of Earth
By Beth Revis
January 15, 2013

Okay, so, Across the Universe wasn't among the best books I've ever read, but I liked it. I was interested in the plot, and although it didn't leave me dying for more, I am curious to know how things worked out for the characters. I haven't read A Million Suns yet, but that doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to this release, so I can finish off the series. 

6. Blaze (Or Love in the Time of Supervillains)
By Laurie Boyle Crompton
February 1, 2013

I have absolutely no idea what this book is about, but with a kick-butt title like this, I just have to read it. I mean, Love in the Time of Supervillains? Come on! There's really nothing I love more than a good supervillain. Plus, the cover? Amazing. I love her hair. I need to read this book. It looks freaking fantastic.

5. Sever (Chemical Garden Series)
By Lauren DeStefano
February 12, 2013

I absolutely love the Chemical Garden series. It's one of the best dystopian series I've ever read, and I adored Wither and Fever. I can't wait for this book to be released so I can read more of this amazing series and find out what happens. I'm dying to know how it ends. 

4. How to Lead a Life of Crime
By Kirsten Miller
February 21, 2013

Kirsten Miller = Amazing. I would have put her new Kiki Strike book on the list, but I won an advanced copy of it on her blog, so I'm not as antsy for the official release anymore. I am, however, really looking forward to this book. She's such an incredible author, and I love the look of this new novel. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy.
3. Battle Magic
By Tamora Pierce
April 1, 2013

I have been searching for information about this book's release date ever since I heard Tamora Pierce was writing more books featuring her Circle of Magic characters, who I've dearly missed since finishing The Will of The Empress. To now have a title, a cover, and a release date (however far away it may be) is thrilling. Plus, I've been dying to find out what happened to Briar and Rosethorn between The Circle Opens and The Will of the Empress. 

2. Fearless
By Cornelia Funke
April 2, 2013

I've been dying for a sequel to Reckless ever since I bought it way back in 2011. The wait has been excruciating, but the end it finally in sight. Thank goodness - I have been deprived of Cornelia Funke books for way too long. The Mirror World might be my favorite world that she's ever created, too, making me even more excited for this. 

1. Clockwork Princess
By Cassandra Clare
March 19, 2013

This book was originally supposed to come out in November or December of this year, so to say that the time between now and March is going to be way too long of a wait is the understatement of the year. Clockwork Prince just made me love these books even more, and I need to know how they end. The wait for this book is going to be almost as bad as the wait for the new season of Sherlock. 
Almost. 

~blackandwhitedreamer


5 comments:

  1. Sweet list I agree with you about Blaze it sounds like it will be interesting and i love the cover.& Eeek thanks to you i now know about Tamora new book ! Here's my Top Ten http://booknerdrambling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally get what you mean about the wait for Clockwork Princess. When I found out it wasn't going to be released until next year I was totally depressed.

    And oh my gosh, I need the next season of Sherlock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower! Almost every list I've seen has Clockwork Princess on it!!! Oh yeah!!!

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shades of Earth is one of my most anticipated books for next year too.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oo, your list is majorly expanding my wishlist. I almost forgot about Out of the Easy. Dr. Bird's Advice for Sad Poets and How to Lead a Life of Crime sound great too. Fantastic list!

    ReplyDelete