Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. A new topic is posted every week, and bloggers post their top ten in the category.

Top Ten Books I'd Want To Have On A Deserted Island

This was a fun topic, and one I just had to do. For this list, I picked books that I feel can sustain me - stories I find myself reaching for over and over, no matter how many new novels beckon from the library or bookstores. These are the books that I'd read if I couldn't ever read anything else. 

10. The Wild Girls
By Pat Murphy

9. The Complete Sherlock Holmes
By Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
(I have it in one volume, therefore it counts as one book.)

8. The Thief
By Megan Whalen Turner

7. The Count of Monte Cristo
By Alexandre Dumas

6. The Hobbit
By J.R.R. Tolkien

5. The Book Thief
By Markus Zusak

4. A Little Princess
By Frances Hodgson Burnett

3. To Kill A Mockingbird
By Harper Lee

2. The Lord of the Rings
By J.R.R. Tolkien
(See comment on book #9)

1. The Scorpio Races
By Maggie Stiefvater

I should add that I only included fiction books, i.e., novels, on this list, because that's what I blog about. However, if I really was being shipped off to a deserted island, the book I'd most want to take with me is of course my lovely purple-and-turquoise NIV Faithgirls Bible. Or any Bible, really, but especially that one.

~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment