Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Reading Room (9)


The Reading Room is a weekly update on books I'm reading and planning to read, and was inspired by the feature On Myshelf at the blog All By Myshelf.

I'm still working my way through my list of books from last week, so there's not much new to post. I finished Lament the same day I wrote the last post, and the ending was just as amazing as the rest of the book. I also started and finished Witch and Wizard, which also far exceeded my expectations - it was amazing. Still working on Dracula - once again, I like the book and reading it on my nook is awesome, but I've been distracted by other (slightly more awesome) books. I also started reading Tiger's Curse last night; although I'm not sure I like the writing style, it looks promising otherwise. Incarceron and Firebirds Rising are still patiently waiting on my to-read list.

Since I loved Lament and Witch and Wizard so much, you can probably guess the two books I've added to my reading list this week: The Gift (2nd book in the Witch and Wizard series) and Ballad (Sequel to Lament.) My to-read pile it still pretty significant, but I can't wait to get my hands on these books. I ran into math class today desperate to find out if my friend had returned The Gift to the library so I could check it out, and when my partner for the history project left Ballad on her desk, I was so obviously tempted to pick it up and start reading instead of working on the project that she offered to have the librarian hold it for me once she returned it.

So my reading list just keeps growing. Exactly the way I like it, although I'm not sure when I'm going to find the time to read all these books. Unfortunately, school just takes up too much time. 

Eager for summer, or at least the weekend,
~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment