Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Reading Room (18)


The Reading Room is a weekly update on books I'm reading and planning to read, posted on Tuesdays. It was inspired by the feature On Myshelf at the blog All By Myshelf.

I was right about my birthday bringing new books. I am now the proud owner of two books I've been looking forward to, both of which are conclusions to two of my all time favorite series - making their arrival both exciting and a little sad.

The first book was 13 Secrets, by Michele Harrison, the final book in the trilogy that began with 13 Treasures. These books are so incredible, I almost can't believe it, and the world they create is so magical and amazing - I want to live there. I read the first book the summer before last and loved it; stumbled upon the second book, 13 Curses, in Barnes and Noble and loved it even more. I can't wait to see what's in store for the third book - I have a feeling it's going to be just as stunning as the first two. Still, I'm a little sad that I won't have any more books about Tanya, Rowan, and all the fairies to look forward to - I have a feeling I'm going to be rereading these books frequently, and I'll definitely be keeping an eye on Michele Harrison, because she's proven herself to be an outstanding author.

Then there's The Enchantress by Michael Scott, the final book in The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel. This is it - this is what the previous five books have been leading up to, and it's going to be epic. I can't believe that the end of the series is finally here. I feel about this series ending the same way a lot of people felt about the end of Harry Potter - My childhood. Gone. I haven't been this emotional about the end of a book series since Inkdeath, and even that wasn't this bad. Although I'm excited to see how the series ends, I haven't started reading The Enchantress yet - and not just because I don't want to admit that the series is actually over. I'm also planning on rereading the first five books, to fully refresh my memory on everything that's happened since The Alchemyst.

Not sure whether to be delighted or distraught,
~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment