Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Reading Room (19)


The Reading Room is a weekly update on books I'm reading and planning to read, posted on Tuesdays. It was inspired by the feature On Myshelf at the blog All By Myshelf

Today was one of those, "It's so hot I can't even breathe," sort of summer days. That, of course, meant it was time for a trip to the Land of Free Air Conditioning and Books - the public library. It seems a lot of people had the same idea I did, because the place was packed, but I managed to make my way past the old men reading newspapers, the cluster of people at the computers and several babies in strollers to the bookshelves.
The first book that jumped out at me was Switched by Amanda Hocking, so I grabbed it and then hightailed it out of the Young Adult section, because it was one of the most crowded areas in the entire library - and the nearest baby-in-a-stroller was asleep and snoring ridiculously loud for being so small. Anyway, it looks really interesting - plus, I absolutely LOVE the cover. 

The other book I grabbed before leaving was The Throne of Fire, by Rick Riordan, the second book in The Kane Chronicles. I love Rick Riordan's books, and The Red Pyramid, the first book, was fantastic. I can't wait to start reading this and see what Carter and Sadie are getting up to. The only problem is that the library doesn't yet have a copy of The Serpent's Shadow, the third book in the series, so once I've finished this book I'm going to have to find someone to borrow it from, or fork over the money to buy my own copy. 

The next few days are supposed to be just as ungodly hot as today was, so I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time sitting in front of the air conditioner, reading...

~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment