Saturday, June 23, 2012

Tuned In To (4)


Tuned In To is a weekly feature discussing albums I've been listening to, songs that have been stuck in my head, or artists I've discovered, and is posted on Fridays. 

First, I'd like to apologize for this post being a day late; I was out of town until late last night, and didn't have the energy to write anything before dropping into bed. Secondly, this post is going to be a little different than normal. This week, I'm talking about a song that fits perfectly with the plot/characters of a book. 

I finished The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater yesterday, and since I was in a slightly noisy environment when I was reading, I had my headphones in and was listening to Coldplay's album X&Y while I read. As I was reading and listening, I was struck by how perfectly their song Swallowed in the Sea fits the book.




To me, this song perfectly captures not only Sean and Puck's personalities and their relationship, but also the bond between Sean and Corr. I don't want to spoil the book incase you haven't read it, but I will say that the last scene was so moving, it almost brought it to tears, and when I think of it combined with this song, I get chills at how perfect it is.

What do you think? Have you read The Scorpio Races? Do you have any songs you think fit the book?

~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment