Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Wish List


New Feature Alert!

I've wanted to do something like this for awhile, and since it's summer and I have more time to write posts, I've decided to take the plunge. The Wish List will feature one book from my wish list each week, along with why I want to read it. Of course, this type of feature has been done by many other blogs, so thanks to Jill at Breaking the Spine and Ren at All By Myshelf for the inspiration.

So, the first book to be featured is...
The Eternal Ones
By Kirsten Miller




Haven Moore can't control her visions of a past with a boy called Ethan, and a life in New York that ended in fiery tragedy. In our present, she designs beautiful dresses for her classmates with her best friend Beau. Dressmaking keeps her sane, since she lives with her widowed and heartbroken mother in her tyrannical grandmother's house in Snope City, a tiny town in Tennessee. Then an impossible group of coincidences conspire to force her to flee to New York, to discover who she is, and who she was.

In New York, Haven meets Iain Morrow and is swept into an epic love affair that feels both deeply fated and terribly dangerous. Iain is suspected of murdering a rockstar and Haven wonders, could he have murdered her in a past life? She visits the Ouroboros Society and discovers a murky world of reincarnation that stretches across millennia. Haven must discover the secrets hidden in her past lives, and loves, before all is lost and the cycle begins again. 

This book looks really good. I loved the first two books in Kirsten Miller's Kiki Strike series, and since I follow her incredibly strange and awesome blog I knew she'd written other books, but I'd never taken the time to look at them until recently. The other day, I became so fed up with searching for new information on the third Kiki Strike book, The Darkness Dwellers, that I decided to take a look at this one. I'm glad I did - I definitely want to read it now. It sounds like an incredible mix of danger, romance, and supernatural elements, and I have no doubt it will be just as thrilling as the Kiki Strike books. Can't wait to read it!

~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment