Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Reading Room (25)


The Reading Room is a weekly update on books I'm reading and planning to read, posted on Tuesdays. It was inspired by the feature On Myshelf at the blog All By Myshelf.

I made my first trip to the school library of junior year today, and although I did have to spend some time working on my math homework, I was also able to browse the shelves and take a look at the new arrivals, along with books I didn't get a chance to read last year. It didn't take me long to come away with two books I'd been wanting to read for awhile.

The first was Linger, the second book in Maggie Stiefvater's Wolves of Mercy Falls Trilogy. I recently reread Shiver, the first book, and even though Shiver definitely wasn't a cliffhanger ending, I still want to know what happens next in the lives of Grace, Sam, and Isabel. And read more by Maggie Stiefvater. I think I've mentioned four times in two blog posts on the same day that she's amazing. I'll try not to say it again. Instead, I'll just mention that I'm really excited to read this book. (Though I've already said that, too.)

I debated a few other books, but there wasn't much contest, and I ended up getting The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima. I'd thought this book looked kind of interesting last year but was never really in the mood to read it; after reading her book The Demon King in her other series, not much would be able to stop me from reading this book. She's such an incredible author. I've said that a lot today, too.

So, yeah. I'm pretty excited for these two new books to add to my reading pile, and I don't anticipate that it'll take me long to finish them. Hopefully I'll be ready to move on to the next in both series by next week.

~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment