Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Reading Room (26)


The Reading Room is a weekly update on books I'm reading and planning to read, posted on Tuesdays. It was inspired by the feature On Myshelf at the blog All By Myshelf.

Reading Competition is upon us once again! Unfortunately, with the combination of seniors who graduated (almost ten, although only three of them really showed up for stuff) and people who quit (two or three) the Senior High Team now consists of only four people. Still, at least we have a team, and it did give me an opportunity to grab two new books from the library to add to my reading list.

The first was Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. I've wanted to read this book for awhile, so when I saw it on the list, I immediately claimed it as mine. Well, after I realized that it said "Between Shades of Gray" and not "Fifty Shades of Gray." Plus, it's another book to add to my YA Historical Fiction Challenge reading list, which is pretty sad in comparison to my other lists.

The second was Bamboo People, by Mitali Perkins. It was the cover of this book that caught my eye and I haven't had a chance to look closer to find out what it's actually about yet, but I can't wait to start it and find out. I'm really excited to read both books, and hopefully I'll be able to remember details of them in November at the competition.

~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment