Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Reading Room (21)

The Reading Room is a weekly update on books I'm reading and planning to read, posted on Tuesdays. It was inspired by the feature On Myshelf at the blog All By Myshelf.

I'm still working on some of the books from my last post, but I couldn't resist a trip to the library last week, which ended up being pretty productive. The first book I grabbed was Geronimo, by Joseph Bruchac. It's another book to add to my YA Historical Fiction challenge reading list, and it's set in a time period I haven't read a lot about, but it looks interesting. I also picked up Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment, the first book in the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. I loved his Witch and Wizard books, and while I've heard mixed reviews about Maximum Ride, I'm hoping it'll be just as good.

After some more intense searching, I managed to find another book that looked interested - Keturah and Lord Death, by Martine Leavitt. Occasionally I come across this sort of book in the library - I've never heard of the book or the author or even noticed it sitting on the shelves, but it looked incredibly interesting and unique. With these three books in hand, I made a quick stop in the adult fiction section to pick up Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen. I'd originally gone looking for her book Sugar Queen, which one of my friends had read, but found out Garden Spells was the first book. I also discovered that Sarah Addison Allen has a lot of other books, so if I like Garden Spells, I'll definitely be checking out more from her.

Wishing these endless summer days full of reading would never end...
~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment