Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Reading Room (23)


The Reading Room is a weekly update on books I'm reading and planning to read, and was inspired by the feature On Myshelf at the blog All By Myshelf.

I made a trip to the library earlier today, and found some books I'm really excited to read. The first one is Between the Lines, by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer. It's one of the new books and was on display, so I took a look at it, not expecting it to be that interesting. I was really surprised - it looks really good. Plus, I skimmed the book and the illustrations are amazing. I can't wait to start reading it.

The next book I spotted was The Serpent's Shadow, by Rick Riordan. I was elated. I love the Kane Chronicles, and have been dying to get my hands on a copy of the newest book in the series since it came out. One of my friends gave me her copy to borrow, but then I was distracted by her adorable baby goats and ended up leaving it at her house. Then I was distraught. Then I saw that the public library had finally gotten a copy, and I was delighted. I've been lots of adjectives beginning with d lately.

Finally, before I made my way to the circulation desk, I grabbed The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen. I loved Garden Spells, and can't wait to read more by Sarah Addison Allen. I'm definitely planning to read as many of her books as I can get my hands on.

~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment