Friday, August 3, 2012

Tuned In To (7) - Part 1


Tuned In To is a weekly feature discussing albums I've been listening to, songs that have been stuck in my head, or artists I've discovered, and is posted on Fridays.

The first part of this two-part Tuned In To is yet another book-song edition. I was checking out some music in the alternative section of iTunes and came across the song "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons.  I'd heard of Imagine Dragons before but never listened to their music, so I decided to check it out. And oh my goodness, it's such an amazing song. I can't get enough of listening to it.

It also perfectly describes the Chemical Garden trilogy - the first book of which is Wither - by Lauren DeStefano. From the very first listen, I was amazed by how well it fit. The lyrics perfectly capture the plot and concept of the book, and even the beat of the song fits with the dystopia that was created in the books.




I mean, it's still an amazing song if you've never read the books, and the books are incredible even if you decide to skip over this song without listening to it. But together? Wow. Just, wow.

~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment