Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Wish List (7)


The Wish List features one book from my wish list each week, along with why I want it. Thanks to Jill at Breaking the Spine and Ren at All By Myshelf for the inspiration for each feature.

Maximum Ride Manga, Volume One



Fourteen-year-old Maximum Ride knows what it's like to soar above the world. She and all the members of her "flock" - Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman, and Angel - are just like ordinary kids, except they have wings and can fly. It may seem like a dream come true to some, but for the flock it's more like a living nightmare. When the mysterious lab known as the "School" turns up and kidnaps their youngest member, it's up to Max to organize a rescue, but will help come in time?

I recently read the first Maximum Ride novel, The Angel Experiment, and while it definitely had some flaws, I still liked it a lot and can't wait to read the next book. I didn't even know there was a manga version of the series until today, when I saw one of my friends with the third in the manga series. I immediately wanted it. The book and the illustrations looked so cool, and Maximum Ride is the kind of story that I think would translate extremely well to this medium. I really, really, want this book. 

~blackandwhitedreamer

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know there was a manga version. I bet it does translate well.

    ReplyDelete