Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Reading Room (24)


The Reading Room is a weekly update on books I'm reading and planning to read, and was inspired by the feature On Myshelf at the blog All By Myshelf.

Although this is obvious, I just want to take a minute to say I love books. I honestly can't get enough of them, and I love coming back from the library with "quite a haul," as the librarian described it. So what was in that haul this week?

After much debate, I settled on three books from the young adult/middle grade section. The first was Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater; I've read it before, but never got around to reading Linger and Forever; they have them in the school library, and I plan on checking them out as soon as we go back, but I wanted to refresh my memory on the events of Shiver first. The second was Notes From An Accidental Band Geek by Erin Dionne, which I finished today and absolutely loved. It's a humorous and endearing story, and the main character, Elsie, reminds me a lot of one of my friends.

The third book was Wonder, by R.J. Palacio. It looks really, really good. It's new; I saw it on display, took a look at the description on the inside jacket flap, and immediately knew I was going to check it out. I think I'm really going to like this book.

Then I ventured over to the adult section to continue my avid reading of anything and everything by Sarah Addison Allen, author of Garden Spells and The Sugar Queen. After debating for awhile between two books, I finally decided to get them both. One is The Peach Keeper, and the other is The Girl Who Chased the Moon. Both look great, and I can't wait to read more by this incredible author.

In other reading news, I'm also working my way through a stack of Youth Walk and Essential Connection magazines that were lent to me by a friend, as well as the books Battlefield of the Mind - by Joyce Meyer, who I absolutely LOVE - and Pennsylvania Curiosities. I think all of this might be enough to keep me fairly busy until school starts, which unfortunately means less time for reading but does mean access to the school library.

~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment