Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. A new topic is posted each week, and bloggers post their top ten in the category. I love making lists, especially about books, so when I found out about Top Ten Tuesday, I had to participate.

Top Ten Romances You Think Would Last Outside The Book

This week was an extremely tough topic for me, because so often, romances in books wouldn't be the same without the circumstances of the novel, and therefore wouldn't make it in the real world. I wracked my brains for more, but was only able to come up with two that I can honestly say I think would make it in the real world. 

Coming in at #2.... Sapphire (Saf) and Bitterblue (Sparks) from Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore

I adore the chemistry between these two, and I think their romance would have actually worked better in the real world, as opposed to the setting of the book. Their romance isn't dependent on their role in the story, since when they first meet, Saf has no inkling of "Sparks"'s true identity and Bitterblue knew nothing about Saf. Nope, these two fell in love purely because of who they were when they were with each other, which is why I think they'd make it under any circumstances. 

And #1... Josey and Adam from The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen

Because, to put it simply, they're made for each other. They're meant to be together. In the book or out of it, they belong to each other and somehow that would happen. I loved their relationship - it was so perfect and sweet. Its problems weren't ignored entirely, but they were so insignificant compared to the way Adam and Josey felt together. And just like in Bitterblue, it wasn't because of some exciting plot point - it's because of who they were.

So there's my Top Two Tuesday for this week. Hopefully I'll have better luck next week. 
~blackandwhitedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment